The AFL Multicultural Schools Program is a 6 week program that is conducted with students from Primary (Grades 3 – 6) and Secondary Schools (Years 7 – 10). It consists of weekly clinics conducted by Multicultural Development Officers, based on basic footy skills and also key educational themes.
Skills and Themes
The AFL Multicultural Schools Program focusses on skills such as hand balling, kicking and marking with an introduction to umpiring and AFL 9s matches.
Over the 6 week program players will learn about fair play, respect and harmony and also work on their teamwork and leadership skills.
Optional Program Additions
- FREE 5-6 week program that will incorporate fun and engaging footballs games and skill sessions
- Giveaways and prizes
- AFL Club tours
- FREE tickets to an AFL or State League game
- Chance to participate in half-time grid games (subject to availablity)
- Opportunity to write a letter to an Australian Post AFL Multicultural
- Ambassador via Letter Link activity
- All schools involved in the program will be offered an opportunity to participate in a one day regional carnival which will be conducted by the Multicultural Development Officer
- Winners of the regional carnival will proceed to the State final which will be held in term four