The AFL Community Ambassador program was established in 2013, with the aim to engage Multicultural Communities through a network of dedicated volunteers while using Australian Rules Football as a vehicle of engagement and inclusion.
2019 AFL Community Ambassador of the Month:
March - Nabil Yassine
April - Judy Gao
May - Jim Bellos
June - Claire Zhang
July - Nuria Ushoroff
The role of an AFL Community Ambassador
The role of an AFL Community Ambassador has grown and expanded over a journey. Through strong partnerships with the AFL and its affiliated State bodies, Ambassadors have supported initiatives that have seen our game become more welcoming, accessible and inclusive for all Australians.
Through the AFL Community Ambassador program, Ambassadors have undertaken the following roles and responsibilities:
- Promotions of Football in Multicultural Communities
- Providing Cultural education and advice
- Assisting local Community Football clubs
- Activating key Multicultural festivals and AFL match day experiences
- Involved in Coaching and Umpiring pathways
Registrations for the 2019 program have CLOSED.
AFL Community Ambassador Photo Competition
2019 is all about celebrating the significant contributions of AFL Community Ambassadors across Australia. To further highlight the amazing work of each Ambassador, we are encouraging Community Ambassadors to submit photos that best demonstrates the power of their work.
The Photo Competition has been designed to allow AFL Community Ambassadors to think creatively, and to capture and share amazing moments they are involved with throughout 2019.
- Promoting football in your Community
- Assisting with an AFL Program
- Presenting in front of different forums about AFL
- Attending AFL Games with Community Members
The best submitted photo will be judged by a Panel of AFL Staff, who will declare a winner of the AFL Community Ambassador Competition.
The winner will be awarded the following:
- Signed AFL Multicultural Player Jumper
- Photo displayed on the AFL Community Ambassador Website
To enter the competition, please email AFLMulticultural@afl.com.au to submit your photo.
In the email application, please enter the following details:
- Name and best contact details,
- A brief title for the Entry,
- A brief statement regarding when and where the Entry was taken.
The AFL Community Ambassador Photo Competition is OPEN from Monday, 11 March 2019 and will CLOSE on Friday, 30 August 2019.
Photo Competition Terms
- The applicant submitting the photo must be a registered AFL Community Ambassador in 2019, and currently living in Australia.
- All photos must be taken of AFL Community Ambassadors engaging the Community and suitable for displaying on public platforms.
- Entries must be submitted via the link above. Entries sent in other ways will not be accepted. 3. Multiple entries will be accepted.
- The AFL reserves the right to disqualify any entries deemed inappropriate and not fitting the criteria above.
- By submitting an entry into the competition, the nominee provides all licencing rights for the submission to be used by the AFL for promotional/marketing purposes.
- All entries must be emailed to AFLMulticultural@afl.com.au by close of entries: midday AEST, Friday 30 August 2019.